Format of the Certification Exam
- This certification exam consists of 1 Theory Quiz and 4 Simulation Quizzes. You will have two attempts to pass within 30-days from your purchase.
- The Theory Quiz is 1 hour (60 mins) in timed duration where you are presented with 45 questions that are based on the lecture videos. This quiz tests your knowledge of the courses that belong to the learning track - Stress Analysis in Ansys Mechanical.
- The Simulation Quizzes are 15 mins each in timed duration where you are presented with 10 questions to answer. This quiz is designed to be taken after successfully solving the simulation exercises.
- The certification exam questions will include both single-answer and multiple-answer questions.
- You will have 30 days to complete the entire certification exam process, allowing for sufficient time to download the model, setup the workflow and solve the simulation exercise before starting the certification exam.
- You may start each quiz at your convenience (within the 30-day period), but once started, you must complete it; there is no option to pause and start again later.
- A passing grade of 75% is required for each of the theory and the simulation quizzes.
Simulation Quiz Requirements and Details
- The Simulation Quizzes test your basic understanding of topics such as 'Geometric Representation', 'Connecting Parts Together', 'Structural Boundary Conditions', 'Numerically Accurate Results', and 'Results Insights' that belong to the learning track - Stress Analysis in Ansys Mechanical.
- You will be provided with a starting geometry file or an existing mesh file and some basic instructions for solving the simulation exercises. Note: You will need Ansys Mechanical 2022 R2 to load the provided files.
- All exercise problems must be fully completed in order to be able to answer the associated quiz questions.
- The settings have been designed to create meshes within the limits of the free Ansys Student product, found here. (Be sure to install Ansys Student software, not Ansys Discovery Student software). Alternatively, you may use a standard commercial or academic license of Ansys Fluent software if you already have access to one through school or work.
- You must use the latest version of Ansys software. The files may not open in older releases of Ansys software, so attempting to create the meshes with older releases might not be possible.
- Starting the Simulation Quizzes without access to Ansys Mechanical software will result in a failed certification exam.
- As a guide, the actual setup and mesh generation should not take longer than 2 hours, but you have 30 days to complete this along with the certification exam itself.
If you do not pass the certification exam, you will be permitted to retry one additional time (i.e., 2 attempts in total) within 30 days from the time you purchased the certification exam.